Date:      Fri, 26 Aug 2005 01:15:28 -0400
From:      "C. Michailidis" <dinom@balstonresearch.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup for sourceforge & other similar sites.

> I am wanting to  cvs automatically - but I seem to fail to get into
> sourceforge (either command line or using cron) -- by using cvsup on the
> ports tree I have become lazy and confused by the cvs manual!! (I do wish
> freebsd manuals had more detailed examples!!). I used to do this stuff
> regularly (longer ago than I care to admit) - but it takes time to get back
> into it!
> Here are a few of of my tries (as root):
>
> dns1# cvs -f -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/eclipsexul login

Ooops, just noticed you said 'automatically' (I guess it will be in a shell script somewhere).  Anyway, the command:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/eclipsexul co -P com.orangevolt.eclipse.xul

worked fine for me.  If you want to checkout the latest sources (assuming you are a developer assigned to the project) you better do:

export CVS_RSH=ssh
cvs -z3 -d:ext:developername@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/eclipsexul co -P modulename

as sourcefourge indicates. Make sure to replace 'developername' and 'modulename' with valid info.  Anonymous access lags your production repository by 5 hours or so.

Dino

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very act of existence becomes an act of rebellion." -Albert Camus