Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:55:29 +0100
From:      ict technician <ict@cardinalnewman.coventry.sch.uk>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>, ian j hart <ianjhart@ntlworld.com>, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More Adaptec 29320 + Seagate ST336607LW woes

On Thursday 16 October 2003 10:38 pm, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> Can you provide a stack trace of the "ahd_run_qoutfifo recursion"
> panic?  You will need to enable DDB in your kernel.
>
> --
> Justin

I'll see what I can do.

Some points:
o Don't have a crash dump. Now enabled.
o This is our Internet gateway. Downtime is not popular.
o I run SECURITY branch on all servers except this one. I had to use a STABLE
snapshot since 4.8-RELEASE doesn't like the 29320.
o I'm a debug newbie. "Luckily" our main file server just panic'd so I'm going
to get some practice.
o Half term is the week after next. I was hoping to "limp along" until then.
That was until I lost a file system.

Cheers

--
i j hart

ICT Technician
Cardinal Newman Catholic School & Community College