Date:      24 Jun 1999 09:58:16 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
Cc:        Mike Avery <mavery@mail.otherwhen.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PR broken? was Re: Linux not FreeBSD?

Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca> writes:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 11:16:28AM -0500, Mike Avery wrote:
> > Labelling Brett's comments SPAM, and silencing Brett will remove his
> > voice.... but doing that will have no effect on the reality of whether
> Just so DES doesn't have to point this out himself, he was joking
> about censoring anyone from -chat as being a spammer...

I was not joking. I haven't seen Brett write anything productive in a
long time. All he does is come in here, insult Jordan, accuse everyone
of incompetence, talk about what he'd do if he had time and money
(without ever making any concrete suggestions), complain that he has
neither time nor money when challenged to put his money where his
mouth is, start a flame war, then go off in a huff swearing to the
gods that he'll never, ever post anything on a FreeBSD mailing list
again even if we come begging on our knees. Then come back two weeks
later and repeat his spiel with little or no variation. He's wasting
everybody's time, dropping -chat's SNR to the floor, and ruining what
used to be a convivial forum where FreeBSD developers and users
exchanged banter and jokes and made dinner appointments - and the only
reason he posts *here* and not on -advocacy (which is where, if
anywhere, his rants belong) is that -advocacy hates his guts. -Chat
being as near charterless as makes no difference, he feels safe here.

There's no other word for what he does than spam. I added him to my
killfile earlier this morning; hopefully I'll have some peace now.

> Of course, it _was_ a polite request for subscribers not to go on the
> particular tangent that they are currently following.  Hehe.  Remarkably
> polite, all things considered.  :)

The only reason I'm polite is Jordan threatened to take me off the
list if I didn't watch my mouth (well, my fingers) after I told Brett
to **** off.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no