Date:      Sat, 7 Mar 1998 01:46:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>
To:        toor@dyson.iquest.net (John S. Dyson)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cyrix MediaGX support under X?

> Kevin Day said:
> >
> > Has anyone been sucessful with getting a cyrix mediagx system to run X
> > windows? I can switch modes, and X appears to be running fine, but the
> > vertical sync is off by at least a factor of two....
> >
> Be careful also about system memory allocation.  I have had serious
> problems with the region between 512K and 640K, and so you might
> want to tell the system to avoid it.  This gave me fits for about
> 2wks.  (This is indeed on a MediaGX system.)

I'll take a look at that... I'm about 2 hours into a buildworld, and haven't
had any problems so far.

The only other side effect I'm seeing is that the screensaver won't
activate.

I can't really understand it. :) Same hard drive, moved to an intel system,
the screen saver runs fine. :) (tried both daemon and blank)

Kevin