Date:      Sun, 02 Jun 1996 18:41:42 +0200
From:      Marco Masotti <mc7953@mclink.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        mc7953@mclink.it
Subject:   Problems with Deltas 111 thtu 113

Greetings to everyone.

Last week I reported my problems in patching the source tree with delta
#111. The problem was essentially the symorder statement which was
passed to a -c option, to be considered really invalid, according to the
symorder man page.

In absence of any clues how to fix, I've guessed just to replace the -c
with a -m, to force going ahead even with missing symbols. This made at
least the compile not to stop, despite leaving the system in a quite
relatively unknown state.

In fact, to day, I've patched 112 and 113 altogether, and I got the
following:

tsort: cycle in data
tsort: bt_delete.so
tsort: bt_seq.so
setinvalidrune.so: Definition of symbol `_setinvalidrune' (multiply
  defined)
rune.so: Definition of symbol '_setinvalidrune' (multiply defined)
rune.so: Definition of symbol '_setrunelocale' (multiply defined)
serunelocale.so; Definition of symbol '_setrunelocale' )multiply
  defined)
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I'dont know if this problem could be related to my bad patching in delta
111 with subsequent deltas 112 and 113.

Is anyone passed uninjured over deltas 111 trough 113?

Best regards,

    Marco M.