Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:31:01 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Olaf Hoyer <ohoyer@gaff.hhhr.ision.net>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rapha=EBl_Marmier?= <raphael@computer-rental.ch>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 5.1 & Compaq Smart Array

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Rapha=EBl Marmier wrote:

> I'll give a try on a Smart Array 532 with FBSD 5.1 as soon as I can
> (days or weeks). It is working fine with 4.8 now.
>
> Raphael

Hi!

Generally the compq smartarrays are supported.

But due to quite poor ACPI in the newer machines, 5.x is no fun there.
(Typing this on a compaq evo N610c  notebook with 4.8-stable, also no
fun with acpi etc)

Which exact Compaq box  / generation do you have?

On 360/380 G3 there are some reports that ACPI etc. is broken with 5.x

HTH
Olaf

--=20
Olaf Hoyer        ohoyer@gaff.hhhr.ision.net
Fuerchterliche Erlebniss geben zu raten,
ob der, welcher sie erlebt, nicht etwas Fuerchterliches ist.
(Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Boese)