Date:      Wed, 09 Jul 2014 17:48:19 -0700
From:      "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@pinyon.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: audacity crashes recording

On 07/09/14 17:11, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On 07/10/14 01:52, Russell L. Carter wrote:

>> Anybody got audacity working with OSS?  Possibly with
>> snd_uaudio?
>>

> Yes, it works, but you need to compile it with possibly another audio
> backend.

Ok thanks, good to know.  Which audio backend works?  I am 14 years
away from FreeBSD and getting up to speed.  All of the research I
have done today points to native "OSS" as being The Right Way, and
alsa and pulseaudio are to be avoided.  Is this not true?  What is
the right way?

I frankly don't care which one works, no dog in that fight.

Best,
Russell