Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:09:26 -0500
From:      "Jose Fragoso" <inet_user23@samerica.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   root authentication FreeBSD NIS client

Dear All,

I have set up an OpenBSD NIS server which is working as expected.
However, there is one

point I have not understood yet. My NIS clients are FreeBSD stations. I
have added an entry

at the bottom of /etc/passwd to request NIS authentication. But the
behaviour of the root

account authentication is somewhat different. If I login from the
console, it uses the local

root password. However, if use the su - command, it uses NIS
authentication.

Is there a way to tell FreeBSD to use only local password for the root
account?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Jos=E9 Fragoso