Date:      Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:08:47 -0400
From:      Jeff Mohney <mohneyj@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Freebsd Foundation and Java Binary Support/Licenses

Hello.
I have two questions:

1. When will the freebsdfoundation site be up and running again, it
appears that the sub-pages are still not avail and the website says:
<snip>
 March 11, 2005 - www.FreeBSDFoundation.org temporarily unavailable
due to hardware failure.
Due to a hardware failure, the FreeBSD Foundation web site is
temporarily unavailable. The full site will be restored within a few
days.
</snip>

2. My understanding is that jdk/jre support in 5.x is only available
via linux emulation and or linux emulation to get a build to get to a
FBSD binary version - ick.

If I understood correctly 4.x has the binary version w/out all the
downloading from sun and what not.  I heard at one point that the
Foundation was renegotiating w/ sun so that 5.x could have the same -
Is there any news on this? (I would check the foundation site for it
but it is down as previously mentioned).

Many thanks in advance.