Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 1996 12:29:01 -0500
From:      Jerry Kendall <jerry@border.com>
To:        Dave Walton <dwalton@psiint.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Iomega Zip vs. SyQust EZ135 ?

On Mon, 26 Feb 1996, Dave Walton wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Feb 1996, Jerry Kendall wrote:
>
> > At work we have a Zip drive, at home I have the EZ135...
> >
> > EZ135: faster, more capacity, true SCSI...
> > ZIP: ??????
>
> The implication here is "ZIP: not true SCSI".  What exactly do you mean
> by that?
>
> Dave

When I goof up, man do I.

Apologies to all those concerned.....

By 'true SCSI', I meant to say, 'Centronics 50 pin SCSI connector'

The ZIP that we have at work uses a DB25 type port. I seem to recall
that it is SCSI, just not the standard cable... Not that there is nothing
wrong with that, it just means you can't plug the ZIP into an RS/6000 or
an SGI box, etc...

Any comments or opinions in this message are my own and may or may not reflect
the comments or opinions of my present or previous employers.

                    Jerry Kendall      Border Network Technologies Inc.
         System Software Engineer      Tel +1-416-368-7157 ext 303
                 jerry@border.com      Fax +1-416-368-7178