Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 1995 19:41:34 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
Cc:        ports@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Portsmeister!

> Well, I was going to copy the "post-configure" thing into the build
> target (right before the touch) and do a 's/configure/build/g' on it.
> Why doesn't that work?  I guess I'm overlooking something, huh? ;)

You're overlooking something.. :-)

post-configure is a special action carried out by the configure target
itself.  It *goes away* if you override the configure target and don't
clone the post-configure pass in!  Put another way, post-configure is
not a _real_ target the way pre-configure is (pre-configure is
actually a target OR a script - you can have both).  If it's not a
real target, then you can't override it and/or layer it into a
existing override sequence easily.

>  * Yes, well, since you're working on the GUIDELINES _anyway_.. :-)
>
> Hey, I thought I punted the GUIDELINES and you fair-caught it!  No? ;)

Heck no..! :)

					Jordan