Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2000 16:50:11 -0700
From:      "Hank Wethington" <bsd@info-logix.com>
To:        "BSD" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   vr driver and slow ftp

Greetings all,

I'm very confused currently. I have a d-link dfe 540tx NIC in a new machine
running freebsd 4.0-release. The challenge is the card seems to come up
correctly, driver vr0, and I am able to ping out and even ftp out or into
the machine. However, any type of file transfer seems to stall no matter
whether doing a put or get. It is the same if I try to ftp via another
machine into it. I had 2 of these cards in the machine, but removed one to
see if having 2 was the problem.

I've done some mailing list research on the card and realize they're rather
cheap, but they appear to now be supported. The BIOS is set to non-pnp. The
cable and hub are fine I have switched cables and ports on the hub to
verify.

Any info would be great. Thanks!

Hank