Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2002 14:35:45 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@gbch.net>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@freebsd-services.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp -nat fails with adsl, but ok with modem

Greg Black wrote:

| Brian Somers wrote:
|
| [lots of early history of this thread snipped]

| | > |

| | > OK, I'll grab it and give it a try.
| | >
| | > Will it be OK to install that on a 4.1-RELEASE box?
| |
| | Should be.
| |
| | > Should I still use the following lines in my ppp.conf?
| | >
| | >     set mru 1492
| | >     set mtu 1492
| |
| | These shouldn't be required any more.
|
| OK, I have just built and installed ppp-020311 on my 4.2 box,
| but it seems not to make any difference -- nothing works, even
| from the ppp host, unless I also run tcpmssd.

Sorry, just ignore me or shoot me or whatever takes your fancy.
In a nice case of brain fade, I turned off tcpmssd, but forgot
all about the ipfw divert rule that was sending everything to
tcpmssd.  With the divert rule gone, all is well and all the
hosts on my LAN are talking successfully to the rest of the
world.

Thanks for the help, and apologies for the stupidity at the end.

Greg