Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 13:26:44 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramidi@otenet.gr>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Disk space for doing "make release" ?

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> I am thinking of rolling a few test compiles of older FreeBSD
> releases, like 2.2.x, or 3.x and then burning them on ISO images.
> Before I start compiling, does anyone know what the space
> requirements would be for, say 2.2.8-RELEASE ?

I started reading the handbook and found out that it described the whole
process of building a custom release.  Somewhere in there, it says that
about 1 Gb's worth of disk space is needed while doing this.

The handbook never ceases to amaze me.  When I want non-technical
information about BSD, it's there.  When I want technical information,
it's there too.  What can I say?  Nice work; thank you FDP people :)

--giorgos