Date:      Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:14:16 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        "C. Michailidis" <dinom@balstonresearch.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup for sourceforge & other similar sites.

On 2005-08-26 00:42, "C. Michailidis" <dinom@balstonresearch.com> wrote:
>> I am wanting to cvs automatically - but I seem to fail to get into
>> sourceforge (either command line or using cron) -- by using cvsup on
>> the ports tree I have become lazy and confused by the cvs manual!! (I
>> do wish freebsd manuals had more detailed examples!!). I used to do
>> this stuff regularly (longer ago than I care to admit) - but it takes
>> time to get back into it!  Here are a few of of my tries (as root):
>>
>> dns1# cvs -f -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/eclipsexul login
>
> Using command-line cvs is sooooo 1990's LOL.

Still, the problem remains.  Something is broken in this particular case
and that is *NOT* the CVSROOT environment value the original poster is
using.

> The funny thing is, you're trying to checkout/update a project
> designed for Eclipse, but you haven't considered using Eclipse
> itself?!??!  The cvs integration that the Eclipse IDE provides is
> pretty darn good (IMHO).

No, the funny thing is that this is a server side problem, but you seem
to believe, for some reason, that switching clients is going to fix it :-/

Sorry, it won't.