Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:28:58 +0100
From:      Mark Murray <markm@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Olivier Houchard <mlfbsd@ci0.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Beagleboard stuff

Olivier Houchard writes:
> > Is this of any use? :-)
> >

> yes it his :) armv6/v7 support has been wanted for a long time now.
> However, there's been ongoing discussions with Mark Tinguely, raj@ and others
> about how to handle the MMU differences between <= v5 and >= v6, and I think
> the consensus was we should create a new pmap_v6.c file, maybe using kobj as
> is done in the ppc port. Maybe now is a good time to do so :)

Ben Gray's PMAP stuff looked like a bodge to me (and I know
nothing about PMAP!). I have his stuff dropped onto CURRENT at
the nearest-guess-equivalent to 8.0-RELEASE which is what he
used. This is the SVN tree before I took an axe to it. I've put it
in http://people.freebsd.org/~markm/arm.tar.gz, and its a drop-in
replacement for src/sys/arm, with the SVN metadata.

Mark R V Murray
Cert APS(Open) Dip Phys(Open) BSc Open(Open) BSc(Hons)(Open)
Pi: 132511160