Date:      Thu, 3 Nov 2005 19:17:24 +0700
From:      budsz <budiyt@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CPU Hang after upgrade to -STABLE

Hi Folks

I use FreeBSD 4.10 -RELEASE for gateway with DSL Modem connection, so
far so good, but one day I decide to upgrade to 4.11 -STABLE version,
I don't know why with the same hardware suddenly my CPU hang, nothing
to do except press riset button.

I didn't find any log message so very difficult for us to find the
solution. I try to downgrade with FreeBSD 4.10 -RELEASE again, so the
trouble doesn't appear.

I've contact vendor hardware for solve problem, but they said my CPU
is OK, I don't know if the DSL modem doesn't compatible with -STABLE
version, or other hardware maybe?

I was running (CPU+FreeBSD -STABLE version) three years ago with
wireless connection, after I change to DSL modem, I get problem CPU
hang.

Would you like to guide me how to solve problem or at least advice.

Thank You.

--
budsz