Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 20:53:09 -0400
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@targetnet.com>
To:        Christophe Prevotaux <chris@hexanet.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape 6 on FreeBSD

* Christophe Prevotaux (chris@hexanet.fr) [000406 11:33]:

> I can start to start it :) on FreeBSD 4.0-Stable but I get:
>=20
> nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libwidget_gtk.so) Load FAILED with er=
ror:
> libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: Aucun fichier ou r=E9per=
toire de
> ce type
>=20
> I guess we'd need a linux_lib_gtk-1.2 ?=20

You can install the gtk rpm from the redhat FTP site using the methods
employed in the emulators/linux_base port.  I did so and got it run reliably
(for a few hours today at least) on 4.0-STABLE.  Java didn't seem to work
for me though.

--=20
j.

James FitzGibbon                                           james@targetnet.=
com
Targetnet.com Inc.                              Voice/Fax +1 416 306-0466/0=
452