Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 2002 21:00:45 -0500
From:      harsha godavari <h.godavari@shaw.ca>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Release 4.5 and 4.6 - Boot.flp 2.8 mb?

Jud:
    I was done with booting the system with kern.flp & mfsboot.flp.
After that I needed a DOS bootdisk in a hurry and not having any spare
disks (at that location) I tried to make up a DOS disk from one of the
*.flp disks. Thats when I discovered that the new disk I just used for
the second time (it was a DOS bootdisk, the first time) has developed
"bad sectors".

I am really curious to know if DOS format command cannot really
reformate the boot sector of BSD boot code. If so is there a program
that can revert the disk to its pristine state :-)

This is really an intellectual curiosity rather than trying to save a
10cent floppy.

Regards
Harsha Godavari