Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:41:33 -0300
From:      Ronan Lucio <ronanl@melim.com.br>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LPD Error

Hello Warren,

Good news... :-)
Print server is working fine now

Unfortunatly, I don't know exactly what realy makes it work
because a employee that works in such enterprise have said
to me he changed a permission of one file (I don't know how)
and rcp starts working (it wans't working, too) today.

So, I don't know if it starts working because of the changes
that either i made today or the changes that he made today.

Now, the files are figured this way:

/etc/printcap
=======================================
lp|local line printer:\
        :lp=/dev/lpt0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp: \
        :mx#0:so:sh:sb:of=/usr/lib/lp/filters/filter:sf

spo:\
        :mx#0:rm=spo:rp=lp:sd=/var/spool/lpd/spo:

# ls -l /var/spool/lpd/spo/
total 4
-rw-rw-r--  1 root  daemon  16 Jun 25 16:14 lock
-rw-rw-r--  1 root  daemon  15 Jun 25 16:14 status

Warren, thank you very much for your help.
It's realy helped me a lot.

Ronan