Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 1998 07:45:23 -0500
From:      Dennis Favro <scqdaf@globalserve.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Floppy-Tape Drive on AHA1542CF

  I just came into possession of a floppy-based tape drive and I'd
like to use it under FreeBSD.  My machine has an Adaptec AHA1542 SCSI
adapter with a floppy controller on it.  I'd like to keep my current
two floppies connected to the floppy controller on the motherboard
and use the 1542's controller to handle the tape drive.  (I've
already switched the 1542's I/O address to keep it from conflicting
with the built-in controller)

  Anyone ever try this?  Any tips?  I can't get Windows95 to find the
tape drive, and as a result I don't quite know how to proceed under
FreeBSD.

--Dennis <mailto://scqdaf@globalserve.net>