Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 22:07:05 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   3.4 and 4.1 differences?

	Ok, so I've got 4.1 installed on my gateway machine, this exact
hardware was running 3.4 as the gateway for almost a year. An upgrade to a
18 gig SCSI drive prompted and upgrade in the software. I'm having
problems with the inside machines connecting to the outside world. They
can telnet to the gateway machine fine, but it's a bit slow (about 30
seconds to connect.) Netscape on these machines don't work, it times
out. I've gone so far as to put all the old configuration files from the
old hard drive on to the new one, with the exact same problem. I've
disabled my firewalls, removed named, natd looks like it's working - to no
avail... I have no clue what could be the problem at this point... :( Can
anyone give me a clue as to what I need to look for..? Thanks much!

	Rick