Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 1999 14:04:47 -0700
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
Cc:        ben@housemixes.com, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems with ICQ via NAT

Your redirect_port solution doesn't work if you're trying to communicate
with someone else behind a firewall. I've tried. ICQ seems to refuse to
even try. So I installed a SOCK5 Proxy. I had great success with Dante
v1.1.0-pre2 (http://www.inet.no/dante). Unfortunately, the 1.1.0 final
release version is worse with ICQ than NEC's socks5 proxy was. If anyone
wants 1.1.0-pre2, I can stick it on an FTP server.