Date:      Fri, 04 Jun 1999 22:11:16 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <syssgm@detir.qld.gov.au>
To:        Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, syssgm@detir.qld.gov.au
Subject:   Re: userfriendly is sharp, our government is not

On Friday, 4th June 1999, Jamie Bowden wrote:

>On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Stephen McKay wrote:
>:In case you (the rest of the world) want to have a laugh at the
>:new internet underclass (us), check out http://www.efa.org.au and
>:read about the Australian Net Censorship Legislation.

>What's that all about anyway?

I can't really put it better than the EFA.  Have a look at their site.
There are a number of quite coherent anti-censorship submissions.

The 10 second summary is that the OZ Govt is well advanced in plans to
heavily censor Australian web sites, and Australian web access in general.
All in the name of the children, of course.  It's all so daft it has to be
a joke... except it isn't.

Stephen.

China, Singapore, Australia - Will you be next?