Date:      Mon, 14 May 2007 14:28:00 -0700
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Takanori Watanabe <takawata@init-main.com>
Cc:        acpi@freebsd.org, Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnisec.de>
Subject:   Re: acpi_hpet not found

Takanori Watanabe wrote:
> In message <200705142056.05598.h.schmalzbauer@omnisec.de>, Harald Schmalzbauer
> さんいわく:
>> Hello,
>>
>> on my workstation the HPEtimer is not found, but it's enabled in 32-bit mode
>> in BIOS, so I think there is one... It's a 965P (ich8) chipset.
>>
>> I can't find anything regarding HPET in tha man pages. Any hints?
>
> Show your acpi tables. It may have to support HPET table.

Here's what I got from his post:

/*
  HPET: Length=56, Revision=1, Checksum=232,
	OEMID=GBT, OEM Table ID=GBTUACPI, OEM Revision=0x42302e31,
	Creator ID=GBTU, Creator Revision=0x98
	HPET Number=0
	ADDR=0xfed00000:0[0] (Memory)	HW Rev=0x1
	Comparitors=2
	Counter Size=1
	Legacy IRQ routing capable={TRUE}
	PCI Vendor ID=0x8086
	Minimal Tick=16
 */

But he has no Device of type PNP0103.  So we need to implement
table-based HPET probing, not just AML PNP probing.  This is similar to
how we handle ECDT for the embedded controller.

When we do that, we also need to work around the fact that the address
bit width is wrong (0).

--
Nate