Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:26:02 -0700
From:      "David M. Smith" <DSmith@Cenus.COM>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Application execution.

Hello.

I apologize if this question is rather basic; however, I am very new to
the UNIX OS and I am still learning.  BTW.  I am using FreeBSD v4.2

Onward.  I would like to have two seperate applications (say app1 and
app2) which are each running as daemons.  This part I have working.

I would like the two applications to be able to utilize several shared
procedures.  No problem, I setup and I am using a shared library.

Here is the problem.  I would really like to have app2 pass a
procedure's address to app1 and thus allow app1 to use the callback (for
app2) when specific events occur.

I have been unable to locate any information regarding execution of an
application, address space or call-back handling.  If you have any
reading suggestions please let me know.

Thanks again for the input.