Date:      Tue, 07 Nov 2000 07:09:39 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IP wierdness...

>> >tcpdump on the laptop sees the packet?  That's very odd.
>>
>> Ceratinly is.  I don't think this particular problem has anything
>> to do with the cardbus adapter.  I run tcpdump with "-v -v -v" and
>> it never reported a bad checksum either.
>
>For curiosity's sake, I'd try a different cable to the hub...

I've done much better than that.  I've tried how different switches
at different locations (home and work) which just happened to have
different cables. 8-)

The funny thing is that the version of this card that lacks a
modem seems to work just fine.  Windows can also talk to the
card that is having problems under FreeBSD without any difficulty.

--
Justin