Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:47:23 -0400
From:      Dave Dunaway <bela@nivek.org>
To:        Jerry Dunham <jdunham@fc.net>
Cc:        Marc Silver <marcs@draenor.org>, Alex Kwan <alexkwan@pacific.net.hk>, FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How to verify which packages are installed

Ah, yeah that's since /var/db/pkg is a directory. Just
do a 'cd /var/db/pkg/ && pkg_info * | more' and that will get
you a super sexy output like....

freetype-1.2        A free and portable TrueType font rendering engine
ja-jcode.pl-2.10    Perl library for Japanese character code conversion
ja-p5-jcode.pl-2.10 Perl5 library for Japanese character code conversion
perlftlib-1.2       libraries to use the FreeType library from the perl language
[snip of a lot of stuff...]

Don't ask why I have ja-* ... I must have been drunk and "out of control"
one night in /usr/ports...

--

Dave.

bela@nivek.org