Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 1998 20:19:12 -0500
From:      Michael Horton <handh@netten.net>
To:        jolicom@globalserve.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: partionning

Akhar,

Do you realize that you are receiving a FREE service.  To complain about
volunteers who give their time FREELY is rude at the least.

Your question is one that is answered in the documentation provided by both
Linux and FreeBSD documentation  teams, commercial products and good-old
common sense.  I have loaded FreeBSD over Linux and Linux over FreeBSD
without any problems (my UNIX programming instructors require that their
classes use their choices of OS).

Regardless, you may wish to familiarize yourself with the fdisk/Disk
Druid/etc. program(s) in Linux making note that FreeBSD and Linux use
different ID numbers for their partitions/slices.  Also, a format (you did
format your drives didn't you?) of your drive(s) will wipe them clean.
Adaptec has ROM based programs that will eliminate any problem of this sort.

In the future, I would encourage you to read the documentation and become
familiar with the documentation before trying something like this.
Knowledge of the documentation, as well as the information contained
therein, has proven a great encouragement and source of help to me  when
things don't go well in an installation, etc.  (It is amazing how the
answers will jump off the page!)

My parting words are from a sign in the office of Jim Barksdale (CEO of
Netscape and previously FedEx)...

		If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!!!

HTH,

MH