Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2001 14:44:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   More laptop woes -- HP 4150

My (hopefully temporary, unless this can get cleared up) replacement laptop is
a slightly different model -- an HP OmniBook 4150, instead of the 4100.  The
major difference that I can see is that it uses an ATI Rage Mobility graphics
chip, instead of the NeoMagic chip the 4100 used.

XFree86 claims to support it, and I've seen people reporting successes with
Linux, but not with FreeBSD.  Under FreeBSD, XF86Setup gives me what someone
else described as "doubel vision" -- the congratulatory dialog box that
XF86Setup puts up looks something like:

	[ Sa  [ Save and exit ] ave and exit ]

I can't figure out how to make it come up properly, in any resolution or pixel
depth.  Right now, I'm using the SVGA driver, which, quite frankly, sucks ;).
(Scrolling in a large xterm is really horrible.)

Anyone have any ideas?  It looks like lots of Dell's use the same chip.