Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 21:57:35 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Marc <mjhome@cyber-quest.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: File-attach

In the last episode (Nov 20), Marc said:
> How do I send an output file as an file-attachment via email using
> something similar to the following line:
>
>     perl procedure.pl | mail john.doe@domain.com

Please don't piggy-back questions onto other threads.

You can use the mutt mailer to attach arbitrary files to messages:

echo "see attached" | mutt -a /boot/kernel/kernel user@host.com

Or if you are using perl, see the p5-MIME-Lite or p5-MIME-Lite ports.
which generate and send MIME multipart messages.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com