Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:49:29 +0100
From:      "Benjamin Lutz" <benlutz@datacomm.ch>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: startx not starting

-----Original Message-----
From: Benjamin Lutz [mailto:benlutz@datacomm.ch]
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2000 4:47 AM
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.com

it might be that either your startx or your .xinitrc file is bad: X will
shut down after the last application started in those files free's the
terminal. this means that the last line in your .xinitrc file launches
something that has an "&" after it. just remove the ampersand and you should
be fine. if it still exits again right after starting, launch something
there, e.g. "exec xterm".

Have a lot of fun, Ben