Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 16:26:48 +0200
From:      ABDALLAH Faycal <faycal.abdallah@cegetel.fr>
To:        "'Faissal ABDALLAH'" <abdallah.faissal@wanadoo.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   need help with  kde...

hi list,
i have two problems:

1. i had installed FreeBSD on my machine (HD 40 GB) which had two OS
(win98--> 24 GB and Linux Mandrake--> 7GB (with LILO as boot manager) and i
then installed FreeBSD on the remainig 7 GB).
when i installed FreeBSD i asked it during the sysinstall to install the
FreeBSD boot manager and after rebooting
the linux partition can no longer be loaded even though i can see its
partition with  the
partition magic in windows...i tried to mount the slice doing :"
mount_ext2fs /dev/ad0s2 /mnt/linux" but the system won't let me do so.

2. i installed also the KDE environment during installation and every thing
worked well until i have recompiled the kernel for the sound support but
till then each time i start the Xwindow using "startx" (as root), i receive
a bunch of Xwindow errors such as "kwrited crashed" etc... i included a file
script for the output error when trying to start the KDE... this problem
appeared in two machines when i recompiled the kernel to support the sound

can anyone help me plz.