Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 21:39:50 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        "Vaishali Bham" <vbham@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CPAN Module

"Vaishali Bham" writes:
> Hi,
>
> Does FreeBSD allow using CPAN modules like Mail::POP3Client and Mail::send ?

I'm only a novice perl user, but I don't understand your question. How
would/could FreeBSD *not* allow use of CPAN modules?

> If yes, then is there are special modifications needed to setup freebsd or
> does it allow you to be used by just installing Perl latest version.

Look at the ports collection. Everything that begins with a p5- isn't
an Intel Pentium port, its Perl5. Here is a bunch out of
/usr/ports/devel/:

% cd /usr/ports/devel; ls -dCF p5*
p5-AppConfig/           p5-File-Slurp/          p5-Proc-Simple/
p5-BSD-Resource/        p5-File-Sync/           p5-ReadLine-Gnu/
p5-C-Scan/              p5-File-Tools/          p5-ReadLine-Perl/
p5-ConfigReader/        p5-Filter/              p5-Religion/
p5-Curses/              p5-FreezeThaw/          p5-Resources/
p5-Data-Flow/           p5-IO-Stty/             p5-Sort-Versions/
p5-Data-ShowTable/      p5-IO-Tty/              p5-Storable/
p5-Date-Calc/           p5-IO-stringy/          p5-Term-ANSIColor/
p5-Date-Manip/          p5-Include/             p5-Term-Query/
p5-Devel-DProf/         p5-IniConf/             p5-Term-ReadKey/
p5-Devel-Peek/          p5-Locale-PGetText/     p5-Time/
p5-Devel-Symdump/       p5-Locale-gettext/      p5-Time-HiRes/
p5-Errno/               p5-PV/                  p5-TimeDate/
p5-File-BasicFlock/     p5-Parse-RecDescent/    p5-TraceFuncs/
p5-File-Lock/           p5-Penguin/
p5-File-MMagic/         p5-Penguin-Easy/

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net