Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2002 14:55:34 -0300
From:      "Fernando Costa de Almeida" <falmeida@easyit.com.br>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems with crypt

    Hi,

    Recently Ive upgraded my freebsd from 4.5 to 4.6-RELEASE via cvsup. This
server has apache and openldap running, and after that my web autentication
(made by the mod_auth_ldap apache module) doesnt work any more. Im noticed
that the machine changed its crypt mechanism (from des to MD5), and my ldap
userpasswords are in the crypt format ({crypt}blabla).
    I already changed the crypt_default parameter in the /etc/auth.conf
file, but this didnt changed the behaviour of crypt. I have some perl
scripts that autenticates to ldap via perl_ldap, and this scripts doesnt
work more too.

    How can I fix this?

Atenciosamente,

Fernando Costa de Almeida (falmeida@easyit.com.br)