Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 2008 15:56:03 -0600
From:      Steven Susbauer <stupendoussteve@hotmail.com>
To:        niyichrist@yahoo.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation

--------------enig6C5677E05E9A4AB25841EF2C

Niyi Christ wrote:
> Hi,
> =20
> I've being using FreeBSD ever since 6.0 and I am a very good fan. But I=
 got a new laptop computer, a Sony VAIO VGN-BX760 that has a hidden recov=
ery partition. I've tried all my best to install FreeBSD 7.0 on it but wh=
en ever I insert the installation CD and it boots from the cdrom, the ker=
nel does not come up. Instead, I got this bunch of digits just scrolling =
down my screen indefinitely. The laptop came with a windows XP OS and I a=
m trying to dual boot. I want to use the recovery partition for my FreeBS=
D.
> =20
> I'll appreciate your help as soon as possible. Thanks in anticipation.
> =20
> Yours,
> Niyi
>=20
>=20
> NiyiChrist
>=20
>=20
>      =20
Are you using the network install disc?

I've had a similar issue on a few machines. It was fixed by using Disc 1
instead.

   -Steve