Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 1996 17:55:53 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@ida.interface-business.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Verbose babble in if_fddisubr.c

As Stefan Esser wrote:

> How about adding a "sysctl" variable for that purpose ?
>
> I'd be opposed to make "bootverbose" take over the meaning
> "produce more run-time debug messages", since this might
> affect its current use.

I'm all for it.

There are already precedences for this abuse, e.g. in the slice code
(prining of the slice's start and end address in the bootverbose case
-- even though opening a slice is not necessarily related to booting).
They should be converted, too.

--
J"org Wunsch					       Unix support engineer
joerg_wunsch@interface-business.de       http://www.interface-business.de/~j