Date:      06 Oct 97 08:47:29 +0100
From:      leifn@swimsuit.roskildebc.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   can't find 3. scsi-disk.

My system (486) runs dos nicely with an ancient adaptec (with bios, but apearently without a modelnumber). The adapter installs the first two drives as C: and D: and I must use an ASPI-driver for the 3. drive. Works ok.

Now I want to install FBSD on the 3. drive, but when I boot (from dos, fbsdboot.exe and kernel from install-floppy) the 3. disk is not found.
It comes up as:
(aha0:3:0)) "unknown unknown ?????" type 13 fixed scsi 0
uk0(aha:3:0): unknown

Any clues why?

I boot dos clean (no aspi) when I try this.

In dos it gets reported as "Maxtor xt-3280"

My plan is to boot fbsd from dos from the 1. drive, so I guess it shouldn't matter if dos can'r see it.

---