Date:      Fri, 17 Apr 1998 08:24:01 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   another one is gone...

>From http://www.opti.com/html/technicalsupport.html

    OPTI's audio business unit was sold to Creative Technology in
    November, and this new group is called Ectiva. For information on audio
    chipsets 82C933, MachOne and up, contact Daniel Chen at Ectiva,
    408-262-1277.

    End user  support for the 82C931 and previous generation chipsets is
    limited to downloading drivers and data sheets from this web site.

on the OPTI site, data sheets for the C933 and PCI sound cards are
not available unless you are a registered OEM customer. :( This
probably means that we will not have support for these chipsets.
All my inquiries for data sheets and programming info have been
unanswered so far.

	cheers
	luigi