Date:      Tue, 09 May 1995 15:03:22 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
Cc:        FREEBSD-HACKERS-L <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: AHA-3xxx support?

>    These adapters were announced back in January, but I just saw a
>handful of messages about them in comp.periphs.scsi.  Anyone try them
>out with FreeBSD?  Do we have any RAID support at all?

I should have a PCI machine again in a few weeks.  Once I do, if someone
wants to send me a 398x card, I'll do the driver support for it.  It
should be a natural extension from the aic7870 support (there are just
three of those chips on the board from what I understand), but there
will need to be some tweeking to get RAID support up.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1