Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 2003 13:07:12 -0500
From:      "Randall Hamilton" <nitedog@silly.pikachu.org>
To:        "Rahul Siddharthan" <rsidd@online.fr>
Cc:        <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Re:Fish ? Who mentioned Fish ?

> Perhaps there's another category he's talking about: people like you.
>
> You're the exact reason many people who don't know better hate
> Americans: they've met only examples like you.  I happen to know
> better only because I've met many admirable, well-informed,
> globally-minded Americans, but sometimes I wonder whether those people
> are really the exceptions, and people like you are really the rule.
> (I'm living in the US at present, in one of the more progressive and
> cosmopolitan cities).

ahhh, by stating that racism and anti-nationalism is wrong, I am a bad bad
person, and i ruin the image of the US people in general.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I will remember to spout Anti-(insert some random country here) setiment
next time the topic pops up, just so I am on par with the rest of the people
that make good impressions.

> Population of European Union in 2000 (15 member countries, which are
> comparable in area to US states): 377 million
> Population of US (50 states) in 2002: around 280 million

closer to 290 actully, 288,368,698, but a moot point really. a few million
here and there means nothing at these numbers.

> Even the population of tiny Netherlands (17 million) is much more than
> the avg population per state of the US.

16,067,754 really, but again, moot point.

see..while we can compare numbers all day long, the fact of the matter is
all 280-290 million of the US population is under one country. 1 law, 1
rule, one common standpoint.

when germany, frace, the UK, and italy...IE the only countries with
populations over 20 mil, can have a government system in effect that can
actully handle 280 million flawlessly, I will begin to listen to all the
anti-american crap spouted by counties that hardly can break 50 million,
much less 100.

as we all know, the US governement was not designed, nor should it, in all
rights, be able to handle the population that it has. noone is saying it is
perfect....or even close to it. but i am still waiting to hear a better
solution.

that is, if you have one.

or is this just gonna be another tiresome, boring "AMERICA IS VERY BAD"
campaign, because if it is, I would rather do something more productive then
listen to it.....something like..get a frontal labodomy.