Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 96 13:31:20 +0000
From:      twells@popmail.ucsd.edu
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org

i recently purchased the FreeBSD 2.1.5-RELEASE from Walnut Creek.  i have been
unable to install FreeBSD due to the fact that both the install from DOS
partition and install from floppy options do not seem to work.  The problem is
that when installing the devices from boot, the system stops right after
installing the npx0 driver.  it confirms the "npx0: INT 16" message, but
completely stops after that.  i have tried using the custom configuration at
boot to disable hardware not in use by my machine, but that did not help.  i
would appreciate some insight on the nature of this problem as i am anxious to
install FreeBSD on my machine.  Thank you for your time and consideration.

Trevor Wells
twells@ucsd.edu

We live as we dream: alone.