Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 00:26:11 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Gabriel Mark Mains <gmains@damn-cool.net>
To:        Matt Peterson <matt@peterson.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd_mail@yahoo.com
Subject:   Re: Help with Lucent Wireless

Matt,

Here is ALL the info now...

Per Greg's earlier message I changed the pccard_mem="DEFAULT" to 0xd8000
and now it at least beeps when it initializes the pccard (thanks
Greg!) but it still is not working. Here is what I get on boot:

Jan 10 23:47:22 groovy pccard[95]: card "Instant Wireless "( "Network PC
CARD") [Version 01.02] [] matched "Instant Wireless " ("Network PC
CARD") [(null)] [(null)]

wi0:<WaveLAN/IEEE 802.11> at port 0x240-0x27f irq 3 slot 1 on pccard1
wi0:Ethernet Address: 00:d9:d6:c0:00:34
wi0:tx buffer allocation failed

Jun 10 23:47:27 groovy pccard[95]: wi0: Instant Wireless (Networking PC
CARD) inserted

Jun 10 23:47:28 groovy pccard[95]: pccard started

And here is the error that wicontrol gives me:

groovy: wicontrol
wicontrol: SIOCGWAVELAN: Invalid Arguement

Thanks for all the help so far....we are getting closer!

Oh, and BTW Greg, I do have an internal MiniPCI Modem/NIC combo card. Good
guess!

Gabriel

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Matt Peterson wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Gabriel Mark Mains wrote:
>
> > I am using the wi driver compiled into the kernel and I am having a few
> > problems.
> >
> > 1) When I put pccard_enable="YES" into /etc/rc.conf it will not initialize
> > the card. I get an error that it can't find the card (null) (null) in
> > pccard.conf. But if I start pccardd after login, it works just fine.
>
> Did you add the CIS info for the card in question to /etc/pccard.conf?

Yes, as you can see it is finding the card thru the dewscription in
pccard.conf that I modified from the Lucent entry.

> > 2) When I start pccardd manually I get some error about
> > tx_threshold_underrun or something like that and ther card does not
> > work. (the red LED just flashes.)
>
> Try a different IRQ (or memory range), if this is a dual-boot box; try to
> match up a configuration similar to Windows.

Yes, it is a dual boot machine witrh Win2k. The Linksys is on IRQ 10 in
Win2k, but it does not give a memory address... I will try IRQ 10 instead
of 3 when I reboot.

> > 3) When I try to configure the card with wicontrol, I get an error about
> > SIOR...something. Help?
>
> You're trying to configure it as the root user, right?  Exact error
> messages are a much better help.

See above...and yes, I am root (toor actually) when I run wicontrol.