Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 02:00:20 -0700
From:      Michelle Brownsworth <michelle@primelogic.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86-aoutlibs wants 3.3.6

I've installed Navigator 4.76 standalone (for FreeBSD 2.2, which is
the only FreeBSD version available at netscape.com), and am running
XFree86 4.1.0_4 on a FreeBSD 4.3 system.  Since this version of
Netscape requires 2.2 compatibility and the old a.out shared
libraries, I've installed compat22 and the XFree86-aoutlibs port.
Problem is, XFree86-aoutlibs port apparently wants to install XFree86
3.3.6 as a dependency, overwriting my 4.1 install.  A chicken and egg
situation.  How do I get those old a.out libraries installed while
keeping XFree86 4.1 intact?

.\\ichelle