Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:56:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, dm@globalserve.net, dillon@apollo.backplane.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS - Will it ever be fixed?

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Kevin Day wrote:

> > Maybe ... you know, I would be willing to contribute a one time shot,
> > say $100 (maybe more?), to a fund to fix nfs.  I bet others would too. I
> > bet if such a fund were advertised, and a goal set, that commercial
> > interests would *very quickly* contribute.  It's even possible that
> > maybe one other goal besides nfs could be gotten ... maybe making our
> > FS's stackable? wouldn't that be incredible?
> >
> > I think quite a bit of money could be gathered in as little as a month
> > or two.  There are several folks who could very definitely do this, and
> > would if they were paid.  There are a pretty good number of us
> > FreeBSDers around now, and a lot of us would really appreciate being
> > given a chance to be a part of this.
> >

> I'd definately put $100 up for someone to fix nfs, if that helps the cause
> any.

Let me say it again ... we don't need money offers (we'll get crushed
with them, please don't start mailing that stuff), what we need is an
offer from some one, a committer or core, who'll take responsibility to
collect the dough and be publicly reponsible for it.

If I weren't so hopeless with bucks, I'd offer to do it myself.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).