Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2000 18:32:40 -0500
From:      Mike Galvez <mrg8n@mail.virginia.edu>
To:        Courtney Thomas <ccthomas@flash.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state... dang

Thanks for replying,

Was this problem with FreeBSD?

I'm not aware of any Bay Networks / Netgear software for FreeBSD. Part of the
problem I believe is that I am in an older building with mixed topology. My area
of the building is not yet re-wired so my 10/100 card plugs into a hub via UTP and
then travels over 10base-2 until it reaches the nearest switch. I read the man
page on ifconfig which mentions "media type" and "media opt" parameters; however,
I'm not sure if this card supports any additional parameters. I looked on Netgears
site and didn't find anything useful.

I would be grateful if you or anyone else knows of additional parameters regarding
the FA310TX.

Thanks again

Mike