Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:04:03 +0300
From:      Lauri Laupmaa <mauri@inspiral.net>
To:        Alexey Koptsevich <ak@astro.ioffe.rssi.ru>, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: defetcs list

Alexey Koptsevich wrote:

> >camcontrol defects da2 -f bfi -G
> Got 5 defects:
> 914:5:218112
> 2118:2:20480
> 2118:2:20992
> 2119:2:20480
> 2119:2:25088
>
> Are there any standards for the number of bad blocks allowed for the disk
> during warranty period? Other interesting thing is that

I think its even a small number for glist.

> >camcontrol defects da2 -f bfi -G |wc
> Got 5 defects:
>        5       5      65
> >camcontrol defects da2 -f bfi -P |wc
> Got 6156 defects:
>     6156    6156   85238
>
> Can such large number of primary defects be considered as normal? Which
> defect growth rate may one expect from such figure from this
> (modern) drive (it is of course informal question)?

Yep, its quite normal.

Here I'm coming again with my old proposal:
There should be a periodic script which compares glist from today and glist
from, say week ago and from install time and put it in [daily/weekly/monthly]
mail.
--
L.

 Curiosity was framed; ignorance killed the cat.