Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 1999 23:48:26 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        tyl <tyl@project.m2.ntu.edu.tw>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Combine ppp, private ip, natd ?

> I have run a dial-up server on FreeBSD for some time.
> Due to  IP deficiency, I have to use the Private IP for the client
>
> I had try "ppp -direct -alias ..."
> After reading the man page, found the "-alias" seems not for the dial up peer.
>
> then I think of natd
> I found that natd cannot translate the Private IP on ttyd*
> I can telnet from the client to the FreeBSD, but not the Internet.
>
> Is there anything I miss ? Thank for your help first !!

You could run the latest version of natd with the -reverse flag.  I
haven't tried this, but it looks like it should work.  The idea is to
run natd on the clients interface with -reverse to make things behave
as if the client was aliasing.
--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org> <brian@FreeBSD.org> <brian@OpenBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;