Date:      Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:35:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Robert D. Keys" <bsdbob@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
To:        jeroyce@athena.ualr.edu (Joe)
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: checking amount of disk space left?

> And if you run out of disk space, a "rm -r *" will give you all the space you
> need...and if you really feel stupid, log in as root and cd to / first....

No sweat.... everyone has done this once or twice, when they weren't paying
attention, and trying to clean up major file systems too late at night with
too little sleep.  It goes with learning unix, and makes one a real believer
in actually looking at what you are doing rather than typing hastily along...
It kindof leaves you with that great emtpy fs feeling......(:+}}.....
I have done it twice, that I remember, unintentionally, in about 20
years of play.... oh, well, that is what dump tapes are for....

RDK