Date:      Sat, 29 Aug 1998 13:26:00 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        flygt@sr.se
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD-Newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: running /etc/weekly

CC'ing this to -newbies because it may be of interest there as well.
Please trim followups. :)

Gunnar Flygt wrote:

> How come one has to send a question to questions@freebsd.org to be able
> to answer it by oneself? ;-)

	I realize that you are being humorous here, but there actually are good
reasons for this. In no particular order, there are two main reasons.

1) You are switching from primary focus on the objective (solving the
problem) to a different primary focus (describing the problem) which
gives your tired conscious brain a break and gives your relatively
refreshed sub-conscious a chance to work on it.

2) The act of describing the problem to an imaginary objective third
party can help you organize your thoughts along different lines, thereby
prompting your brain to see a solution it might otherwise have missed.

	I often compose a "help me" message about a problem, then file it away
to send later if further tinkering doesn't actually solve it.

	In other words, don't feel bad, we've all been there. :)

Good luck,

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

When you don't know where you're going, every road will take you there.
     - Yiddish Proverb